The purpose of this document is to ensure that quality service is provided at all times in ID airspace, and also so that a controller will never find himself submerged, and unable to cope.
It is mandatory for all IVAO members controlling a ID position to follow these guidelines. Users who do not comply may be asked to close their position.
- Active controllers should be able to use all functions of IvAc, and have read the manual thoroughly.
- All controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information:
- Position name (Full name, not ICAO code. e.g. 'Soekarno Hatta Tower', not WIII_TWR)
- Voice channel (if applicable)
- Weather / runway information / TA/TL (if applicable)
- No unnecessary remarks in the remarks section
- The language used for aviation in ID is English and must be used at all times.
- All controllers must use aviation English phraseology at all times.
- When available, controllers should read and understand the appropriate airport/sector procedures before logging on. If you should have any doubts please don't hesitate to contact the FIR chief, or AOC if there is no chief.
- Controllers are required to have all applicable charts available while on duty (for centre controllers this can be quite a bunch).
- Controllers must make proper use of all datatag labels (F5 = cleared waypoint, F7 = cleared speed, and F8 = cleared altitude) when handing-off to adjacent sectors. We highly recommend you use these functions at all times.
In addition to the above controllers are required to meet the requirements set out in the position SOPs.