Indonesia, officially the Republic of Indonesia (Indonesian: Republik Indonesia), is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania. Indonesia comprises 17,508 islands. With a population of around 238 million people, it is the world's fourth most populous country, and has the world's largest population of Muslims. Indonesia is a republic, with an elected legislature and president. The nation's capital city is Jakarta.
When operating in Indonesia please observe the following general IVAO ID rules:
- In general, the air traffic rules and procedures in force and the organization of air traffic services conform with ICAO standards, Recommended Practices and Procedures.
- Aircraft in flight and operating on the maneuvering area of an aerodrome shall comply with general flight rules applicable to the operation of aircraft. An aircraft operating between the hours of sunset and sunrise, irrespective of weather conditions, shall comply with IFR requirements or, if in a control zone during these hours, shall require special authorization from ATC. Aircraft operating in controlled airspace shall comply with any request, clearance or instruction issued by ATC, or shall immediately advise ATC if unable to comply.
Units of measurement
- Distance used in navigation, position reporting, etc : Nautical miles and tenths
- Relatively short distances such as those related to airports (e.g. runway lengths) : Metres
- Altitude, elevation and height Feet
- Horizontal speed, wind speed Knots
- Vertical speed Feet per minute
- Wind direction for takeoff and landing Degrees magnetic
- Wind direction except for takeoff and landing Degrees true
- Visibility, including RVR (Kilo)metres
- Altimeter setting Hectopascal hPa
- Temperature Degrees Celsius
- Weight Metric tons or kilograms
- Time Hours and minutes - The day of 24 hours beginning at midnight UTC. Local time West of Indonesia -7 hour = UTC (Z); Center of Indonesia -8 hours = UTC (Z); East of Indonesia -9 hours = UTC (Z)
Airports of Entry
Kualanamu (Medan), Hang Nadim (Batam), Soekarno-Hatta (Jakarta), Juanda (Surabaya), Ngurah Rai (Bali), Hasanudin (Ujung Pandang/Makasar), Sentani (Jayapura)
Controlled airspace and ATC ATS Airspace Classification
Indonesian airspace is designated in accordance with ICAO airspace classification as follows:
- Class A: controlled airspace between FL245 and FL460 and designated as a CTA and Upper Control Area (UTA).
- Class B: controlled airspace within the limits of all CTRs.
- Class C: controlled airspace within all TMAs and TZs where aerodrome control service is provided. VFR speed limitation is 250 KIAS below 10000 FT AMSL.
- Class F: uncontrolled airspace from ground to unlimited designated FIR, Upper Flight Information Region (UIR) and Flight Information Service Sector. In addition, the airspace above an aerodrome where AFIS is provided and unattended aerodromes. IFR and VFR speed limitation is 250 KIAS below 10000 FT AMSL.
- Class G: uncontrolled temporary airspace designated for special purposes. IFR and VFR speed limitation is 250 KIAS below 10000 FT AMSL. Note: Radio is required in Class F and G airspace.